Archive for the ‘Building log for new RV-6A’ Category

New Nose gear and front fork installed.

Sunday, December 19th, 2010

I finally got the new fork and gear leg epoxy painted and installed into motor mount.  I used the new Matco axle which is supposed to help decrease shimmys while taking off or landing.







 

 

The RV is now on all three wheels.

Front fork and Nose Gear

Monday, June 28th, 2010

Acid etched and primered and sprayed epoxy seal coal to the front nose gear leg and the front fork for the RV-6a.

Engine arrives

Saturday, May 15th, 2010

Lycoming O-360 A1D Engine arrives from Lycon of AZ.

RV-6 Wing attach

Sunday, March 1st, 2009

Drilled rear spar attach holes on both wings.  Drilled to #30 size.   Ordered a .3125 reamer from Avery Tools for the final drilling for the 5/16 bolt.  Drilled through the pilot holes in the inboard bottom wing rib and skin into the fuselage skin.  When the wings are removed, the holes will be enlarged to #19 and platenuts installed on the wing ribs so #8 screws can attach the fuselage skin to the wing bottom skins.

RV-6 Wing Attach

Saturday, February 28th, 2009

img_1906

Don Ridder, our former EAA chapter 538 President, came over on Saturday and spent about 5 hours helping me install and remove the wings to get the correct sweep and alignment on them before I drilled the rear spar.